Recipe Printing Information

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pasta Salad with Kidney Beans and Balsamic Vinaigrette

This might not sound very glamorous, but it tasted really good.  I was stuck with not much in the pantry and in need of a side dish for burgers yesterday, so I got inventive.  Here is the result:

Ingredients:
2 C. cooked Orechiette pasta, drained and cooled
1  15-oz. can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed very well
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
3 T. bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
Toss everything together in a big salad bowl.  We added extra balsamic vinegar -- you might decide you need more too.

I had some leftover and finished it today -- it is even better the second day.

4 comments:

  1. I think that flower is not a hibuscus in my last post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amin, I sent you an email but I'm afraid maybe you did not receive it.
    We would like to send you a prize from our giveaway. If you would like us to send it to you, you can email us your postal information to hermityfarmerwomen@gmail.com

    If you wish to remain anonymous and not share that information, we will understand. :-)
    Thank you for being such a great supporter of our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the problem with my postal adress ...I am very very grateful .Thank You very much! You are very kind!

    ReplyDelete