Recipe Printing Information

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grilled Asparagus

Sunday we had a beautiful day here, finally!  My husband had a friend coming over for lunch, so we decided on grilling elk cheddar dogs and asparagus.  Here is a simple recipe for the grilled asparagus.
Ingredients:
*1 bundle fresh asparagus
*Weber Grillmates Roasted garlic and Herb Seasoning or similar
*1/4 c butter,unsalted is best but all I had was salted
1. Wash your asparagus, then snap the ends off. This may seem like you waste a lot but you will get only the tender part of the asparagus and its much better, trust me!  Your asparagus ends can go into your compost bin if you have one.
2. Soften butter in a microwave safe bowl until its almost liquid, in my microwave this is about 20 seconds.
3. Mix in 1 TBSP of the seasoning mix to the butter.
4. Using a pastry brush (your fingers work fine too) spread the mixture over your asparagus evenly.
5. Cook over the grill on Med temp for 5-10 minutes depending on the heat your grill puts out.  You don't want them black;)
6. Enjoy!  I forgot to take a pic of the finished product, we were having too much fun enjoying the day.

~Christine~

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I just bought some asparagus today at the produce stand. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog today!
    The Backyard Farmwife

    ReplyDelete